Don’t miss Poptata, London’s premium street fries with pulled pork, smashed avocado and deep fried cheese
London’s purveyors of premium street fries Poptata are unmissable!
Cooked to golden perfection and drenched with homemade sauces, they’re a chip above the rest…
Poptata’s founders, Marco & Luca, launched the brand from a temporary gazebo on Portobello Road Market in 2015 before taking their signature chips and cheesy fries to foodie festivals across the country.
Since then, Poptata has opened permanent venues in some of London’s hottest pop-up dining spaces and now serves in permanent London locations at Boxpark Croydon, Boxpark Shoreditch, Portobello Road and, most recently, Tooting Market.
Adding a new dimension to Tooting Market, Poptata’s latest venture will also feature brand new sister bar, Top of the Pop.
Located on the large mezzanine floor of the Tooting site, Top of the Pop will boast a living wall and a cool, urban design – all complemented by a fun and edgy cocktail offering.
Hand-cut every day from British potatoes and double-fried in quality sunflower oil, Poptata’s menu can be broken down into three sections – Classic, Cheesy and Loaded. Guests can customise their order with a huge variety of dips including curry ketchup, caramelised onion & mustard and smoky BBQ.
Example from the menu include:
- Lucifer Fries – garlic, rosemary and thyme dusted fries, cheddar & Red Leicester, hot shot sauce (£4)
- Tex Pulled Pork Fries – pulled pork, sour cream, smoky BBQ, spring onions, cheddar (£7.95)
- Guaca Fries – smashed avocado, grilled halloumi, red roasted pepper sauce (£7.95)
- Halloumi Fries – deep fried cheese with banana ketchup/caramelised onion mayo/pink garlic mayo/sweet chilli (£6)
- Parmesan Fries – fresh parmesan and pink garlic (£4)
After grabbing Poptata fries from downstairs, guests can head up to the bar to enjoy Espresso Martinis and Aperol Spritz on tap, a Gin & Tonic trolley, as well as a selection of signature cocktails, craft beers and house wines.
Examples from the new cocktail menu at Top of the Pop will include:
- Feisty Sour – Fortified Amaretto, Grapefruit Juice, Lime Juice, Smokey Syrup (£8)
- Girlie Door – Belvedere Vodka, Luxardo Maraschino, Pineapple, Belvoir Raspberry, Rose Cordial (£8)
- Mi Hermosita – Jose Cuervo Tequila, Aperol, Lime Juice, Sugar, Fizzy Blood Orange (£8)
Visit Poptata at Boxpark Shoreditch: Monday – Wednesday 12pm – 10pm, Thursday – Saturday 12pm – 10.30pm, Sunday 12pm– 9.30pm, Boxpark Croydon: Monday 11am – 8pm,Tuesday – Thursday 10.30am – 8pm, Friday – Saturday 10.30am – 10.30pm, Sunday 10.30am – 8pm. Also at Portobello Road: Friday – Sunday 9am – 5pm, Tooting Market: Tuesday – Saturday 11am – 10.30pm, Sunday 11am – 7.30pm.