The Real Greek launches seafood Aegean Kitchen concept this summer
This June, The Real Greek is debuting a summer Seafood menu!
Helping to launch its new Aegean Kitchen exclusively at its flagship Bankside site, the Aegean Kitchen has been created through a collaboration with The Real Greek, Tonia Buxton, the group’s Consultant Chef, and Michelin-starred Greek chef, Asimakis Chaniotis.
The new concept combines the best of Greece’s gastronomic traditions with the latest innovations from the country’s restaurant scene and will serve the group’s classic offering alongside a rotating menu, that will pioneer new dishes and keep The Real Greek at the forefront of authentic Greek cuisine.
The Aegean Kitchen’s Seafood Menu will launch on the 5th June and pays homage to the coastal cuisine of Greece’s 6,000 islands and features the following seven dishes:
- Aegean Octopus Salad – with mixed peppers, red onions & diced potatoes, dressed with extra virgin olive oil & white wine vinegar, finished with Greek oregano.
- Skewer of Grilled Monkfish – with mixed peppers served on top of a garlicky Ouzo tzatziki.
- Whole Seabass – baked inside a salted bread crust.
- Whole Kalamari – stuffed with rice, courgettes, carrots & tomatoes.
- Cod Plaki – baked with tomatoes and served on top of sliced potatoes.
- Grilled Kalamari – served on top of cold briam; a baked mix of courgettes, peppers & potatoes, with fresh mint, in a tomato sauce.
- Seafood stuffed Cabbage Dolmades – with prawns, octopus, kalamari & cod, dressed with a creamy Ouzo & dill sauce.
The menu has been devised by Asimakis Chaniotis, Executive Chef at Pied à Terre, and the first Greek to be awarded a Michelin Star outside of the country.
Chaniotis specialises in seafood and many of the dishes are inspired by his childhood favourites, created from recipes passed to him by his mother and grandmother. This exclusive collaboration will bring Chaniotis’ particular brand of precision, creativity and artistry, exclusively to The Real Greek Bankside.
If that wasn’t enough, to celebrate the launch of its new Aegean Kitchen, The Real Greek is giving away one free 50ml bottle of Ouzo with every plate purchased from the new Seafood Menu, from Wednesday 5th June – Sunday 9th June at its flagship Bankside site.
Visit The Real Greek, Bankside, Riverside House, Units 1&2, 2A Southwark Bridge Rd, London SE1 9HA