London Bridge is welcoming Flea, a new vintage market open daily!
London’s coolest vintage market, Flea, will be homed at the newly opened Vinegar Yard.
Situated just moments from London Bridge and the Shard, Flea is a conscious and sustainable shopper’s dream with a mix of retail pop-ups and a weekly market. Expect to find anything from vintage Burberry to mid-century furniture at this new cool central London market spot.
Vinegar Yard will be open all week from 11am and will also be home to street food stalls, all-day brunch and a bar for refuelling.
Owner, interior designer Christian Scrimgeour, brings her stylist’s eye to the curation of traders and makers to be found at Flea. She explains “We are delighted to be able to give these traders and makers a super space to show their eclectic wares. We travel a lot, and there is such a joy in finding unusual, one-off treasures in markets in far-flung places, and we wanted to re-create that experience in central London. We have worked hard to build a community of traders with the same ethos as us, who can bring something special to Flea.”
From 2nd March, the charming community at Flea bring a mix of vintage coats, dresses, furniture, ceramics and, the holy grail of any market wander, antiques, vintage brocante, ceramics, signage, artworks, spectacles, books, magazines and vinyl.
From mid-March you will be able to combine your visit to the market with all-day brunch and a drink from Vinegar Yard’s street food stalls and bars.
Vinegar Yard is open all week from 11am and the traders taking space in the pop-up shops include:
- Eclectic Ray – 70s watches, furniture, lights, paintings, vintage sunglasses from Rayban and Oakley.
- Hartex Clothing – vintage branded menswear including Burberry, Nike and Tommy Hilfiger.
- Hot Haveli – artisan Kantha throws, antique bags, jewellery. Fair trade made in India.
- Rust & Dust – Rusty’s archaeological finds and fantastic collection of glass bottles, terracotta beer bottles, advertising, and pub ephemera.
- Vintage Paradise – Levi’s, shorts, shirts and sweats.
- Smoking Gun Vintage – roving and often raving clothing boutique for ladies, gents and everyone in between
- Doc Cotton – bespoke printed garments – customisable and sustainable clothing
Some traders will be collaborating. Hot Haveli & Apothecary Essence are joining forces to curate pop-up spaces with other creative small businesses and will be bringing their collective to Vinegar Yard; a creative emporium full of handmade, ethical and vintage wares, on a regular rotation.
At the weekend Flea will expand to include market traders:
- Antique Tea Cup Candles – beautiful antique cups filled with sweet smelling natural candles.
- Atomium Books – antiquarian book seller.
- Cashmere and Lace Store – fair trade wool, pashmina and cashmere scarves including scarves made by a women’s charity in Nepal.
- Dinos – renovated metal cabinets, lights, toy model cars, assorted furniture and homewares.
- Jeremy – felt hats, top hats, bowlers, metal letters, vintage clothing, kimonos, cameras and eccentric curios.
- Love Menu Art – vintage menu designs.
- Gloria – costume jewellery with an unrivalled collection of brooches.
- Liz – vintage leather and fur coats
- Molly & Harlequin – passionate about preserving ephemera, antique and vintage ephemera and maps.
- Paul’s stall – old record players and radios can be found amongst the original Harris Tweed jackets dating back to the 1940s and ’50s, beautiful Herringbone coats, snappy suits, ties and cravats.
- Sharla Jewellery – original pieces in gold and silver.
- Skinny Rib – vintage dresses, coats and accessories.
- Vicky Sheard – vintage clothing and costume jewellery.
- Ruairi and Henry – mid-century furniture, homeware and original art prints
Visit Flea, Vinegar Yard, St Thomas Street, London SE1 3QX